Re: Traveler Guitars?

I think I considered these when I converted to the mini guitar, but what
annoys me is that all the pickups are in the bridge position. Why the hell
they would limit the guitars this way, or not create a model with a neck
pickup, is beyond me. It pretty much rules out using the guitars for jazz.
I wish they would stop calling them travel guitars. I am trying to shift
the
mentality of these size of guitars, from so-called travel guitars to just
mini guitars. At the URL below, I describe my own reasoning behind selling
over $8000 worth of PRS full sized electrics and converting to a mini
guitar
as my main axe.

The length is perfect, however...29-30 inches was my target length for a
mini guitar.

I have not played these travel guitars, but I continue to rave about the
Epi
"Roadie" which I uses as a mini electric. I have one that I modified with
Gibson 57' reissue pickup, mini grover tuners, and a nice chrome volume
knob - plus I had a luthier dress the frets and work on bridge placement,
which made a huge difference. The guitar's neck feels pro grade now.  In
fact, I have a second "Roadie" that I will be sending to Rick Walker this
week.   Here is a picture of me playing it at Y2K7 -
http://www.krispenhartung.com/images/krispen-pic5.jpg

There are two versions of the Roadie out there, one with a truss rod, and
one without. I'd look for those with the truss rod, because then you can
tweak the action/tension, etc

Then, of course, if you are still not satisfied with off the shelve travel
guitars, you can have a luthier make you one, like what I did:

http://www.krispenhartung.com/mini-jazz-guitar/index.htm  ($3000)

BTW, this mini archtop will be complete in time for me to play it at the
3rd
Annual Boise Experimental Music Festival...it will be the guitar's debut!
:)

I am intrigued by the Escape MKII Nylon.  One thing I've discovered is
that
the mini nylon string acoustics, like the Amada that I have now, though
plays like a dream, still sounds like a mandolin with nylon strings.

Kris