Re: OT: Traveler Guitars?

Really? I have not flown on a small commerical commuter jet that doesn't have a tiny overhead compartment....of course, all my commuter flights are 1 hour flights from Boise to Palo Alto, CA (and a few to Seattle), but it is a tiny jet and you have to stoop down to walk through the walkway  These are the smallest United jets I know of, so maybe you've found yet another.   What airline were you on?

Kris

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 7:51 AM
Subject: Re: OT: Traveler Guitars?

The smallest commuter jets don't have overhead bins, as I discovered a few trips back, and everything goes in the hold.  I can't remember the model of that plane, some Airbus thing I think.  Finding the specs for overhead bins for a given model of plane is tricky, particularly since the airlines have zero interest in helping you.

For anything that does have an overhead bin, I've found that my 38" long case for the Larrivee parlor fits (24" scale), or a Steinberger GM (25.5" scale, 30.25" overall length).

TH