Re: in-ear till my ears bleed?

A limiter isn't required, but sure that you can reach your volume knob if
you need to.

I'm currently using a nice pair of Westone earphones wired to a small
personal monitor mixer.  I have found that this saves my hearing.  When
playing in a band, I have complete control over the volume in my ears.
Without the IEM, I would come home with ringing ears after getting
together
with the guys for a practice.  With the IEM, I have no hearing problems
after playing with the band.  Also, the personal monitor mixer gives me
control over what I get in my ears.  I can boost myself in my personal
monitor mix allowing me to hear myself without getting into a volume war
with the rest of the band.

I highly recommend IEMs.

Bob