Re: Reverse Delays - how do they work?

Hi,

I use reverse delays quite a lot. But I prefer to reverse a loop and
overdub into it in reverse mode to make the reversed audio part of the
straight loop. I do this both with beat synced quantized "tape
reversing points" and totally unquantized. When using no quantiztion
for reversing the loop's direction I use to wrap it up with a realign
command to bring back the loop I'm messing with into the correct
timing with regard to other simultaneously playing loops.

If talking pure audio effect reversed delay I'm using that as well.
One particularly cool patch is one I made in the TC Fireworx I
unfortunately was forced to sell one year ago. This patch listened to
MIDI Clock input (coming from my looper) and also to the audio input
by an envelope follower function. When the envelope follower on the
input detected incoming audio (that's me playing) it waits for a
quantized time value (depending on the tempo this is a quarter of a
bar, a half bar or a full bar). On the cusp of the quantize period it
starts playing back the one quantize period length audio buffer
reversed. Unfortunately the FireworX didn't have CPU power enough to
use two such processes in parallel and with inverted quantize periods
- that would have been awesome! If working in software you could set
that up though, since todays laptops are way more powerful.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)