Re: This is your brain on jazz -- MRI studies of improvisation

Wow, I'm glad everyone is so interested. I've sent a whole lot of you this
PDF article now. Daryl, I'll send to you shortly.

Here is a better list of the books with complete author names. I also
added
some of the CDs I have been listening to lately, to educate myself on the
breadth of free improv music. Many of these artists are recommended in the
appendix of the Lewis article.

Literature
  a.. Improvsation - Derek Bailey
  b.. Arcana II: Musicians on Musis - John Zorn
  c.. Arcana Musicians on Music - John Zorn
  d.. Northern Sun, Southern Moon: Europe's Reinvention of Jazz - Heffley
  e.. Jazz Among the Discourses - Krin Gabbard
  f.. Free Jazz - Jost
  g.. As Serious as Your Life: John Coltrane and Beyond - Valerie Wilmer
  h.. Sync or Swarm: Musical Improvisation in a Complex Age - David Borgo
  i.. Forces in Motion; The Music and Thoughts of Anthony Braxton - Lock

My Discography (a few are missing, which I did not list)
  a.. Anthony Braxton - Six Compositions
  b.. Derek Bailey, Greg Goodman, Hendry Kaiser, Toshinori Kondo, Evan
Parker, ROVA - The Science Set
  c.. Eugene Chadbourne - The German Horse
  d.. Fred Anderson - Back at the Velvet Lounge
  e.. Jim Staley - Mumbo Jumbo
  f.. Peter Brotzmann - Born Broke
  g.. Roscoe Mitchell - Quartet
  h.. Muhal Richard Abrams, George Lewis, Roscoe Mitchell - Streaming
  i.. Bob Ostertag -  Verbatim, Flesh and Blood
  j.. Voltage - Self Titled
  k.. Dempa - Nine Fragments
  l.. Evan Parker, Guy, Lyttton, Marylyn Crispell - Natives & Aliens
  m.. Cecil Taylor - Unit Structures
  n.. Joe Morris / Rob Brown Quartet - Illuminate
  o.. Derek Bailey - Carpal Tunnel
  p.. Derek Bailey - Aida
  q.. Derek Bailey & Cecil Taylor - Pleistozaen Mit Wasser
  r.. Derek Bailey & Greg Bendian - The Sign of 4
  s.. Derek Bailey, Pat Metheny, Greg Bendian, Paul Wertico - Science of
Eduacation
  t.. Ornette Coleman / Pat Metheny - Song X
Kris