Re: Programming the FCB1010 for the EDP (Karma)

hi Phillip

You can use CC to operate an EDP,
but using the fcb1010 gives limited results,
as the edp needs the CC equivalent of Note-Offs
if you're going to get the same results.

i.e. if when you released he switch you
could send the corresponding CC with a value of 0 then all would be
well, thus giving you all the needed LongPress and ShortPress functions.
...but the fcb doesn't do that

Just sending the first CC on it's own always gives you LongPress,
...so every time you try Record, you get a Reset :-(

As fcb can send 2 CCs, you could program in a ShortPress,
by sending the CC of value 0 immediately after the CC for the function.
..but problem is you have to program another switch if you want the
LongPress at all.

Lack of EDP3 response....check the fcb global midi channel for the CCs.

Conclusion...it doesn't work that well :-(

Suggestion...use a Midi Router instead. Andre Lafosse controlled 5 edps
with one of those.

Or..Get the Uno firmware upgrade for you fcb which solves the CC problem.

andy butler