Re: LIST of FAMOUS LIVE LOOPING ARTISTS

add an < l > to the end of the link to make it work

On Apr 22, 2008, at 4:05 AM, Richard Sales wrote:

I don't know if you got this guy.  In Wired recently:

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/04/video-david-for.htm

richard sales
glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.

www.glassWing.com     www.richardsales.com
www.hayleysales.com     www.joannesales.com
www.blueberryfieldsfarm.com
www.broombusters.org

On 21-Apr-08, at 3:41 PM, Rick Walker wrote:

To help Darren with his thesis project on live looping I thought it might be really good
to come up with a current list of well known live looping artists.

People not mentioned in his initial list would have to include

IMOGEN HEAP  (Frou Frou and solo career)

JON BRION
               (film soundtracks, multi instrumentalist and the
               famous producer of Fiona Apple who has a weekly live looping gig in Los Angeles)

KID BEYOND)(Andrew Chaikin's beatboxing all acapella live looping show is really attracting attention)

ROB MASSIE (of 808 State just used live looping extensively in his SF show)

ARILD ANDERSEN  (famous Norwegian jazz bassist,  part of the ECM records stable of solo and collaborative artists)

EDDIE VEDDER (front man for Pearl Jam used live looping in his solo concert just last week in Santa Cruz,
                       parenthetically,  his opening act also used live looping and, point of civic pride here,  he wrote a brand
                       new composition about how much he loves Santa Cruz and performed it the evening that he wrote it)

MATMOS (the producers who work with BJORK---I"m not sure here, but it sure seemed like they were looping
                 live in concert with her when I saw her recently)

BILL FRISSEL  (possibly the most important American jazz artist today)

DAVID TORN   (arguably the first high profile live looper and one who's been doing digital looping as long as anyone)

HENRY KAISER  (one of the most influential and famous experimental musicians in the US today.   He was literally
                  doing live looping in the digital realm earlier than anyone.  I forgot the date that he told me but he
                  was doing this back in the 70's with the earliest digital delays)

ROBERT FRIPP   (started much of this with his double REVOX tape machine live loops called Frippertronics)

in our own community

MATTHIAS GROB (inventor of the Pardis delay which became the Gibson Echoplex EDP with loop IV)
KIM FLINT (American guitarist and founder of LOOPERS DELIGHT,  the mecca live looping website on the planet)
ANDRE LAFOSSE (American guitar)
CLAUDE VOIT  (Swiss guitar)
ANDY BUTLER (British guitar)
BILL WALKER  (American guitarist)
PER BOYSEN (Swedish multi instrumentalist-popularizer of live looping in his country-founder of the 1st and 2nd SWEDISH LIVE LOOPING FESTIVALs)
SUNAO INAMI (Japanese keyboardist/composer-popularizer of live looping in his country- founder for the LOOPERS DELIGHT J live looping festivals)
ERDEM HELVACIOGLU (Turkish composer/guitarist)
BERNHARD WAGNER (Swiss guitarist - popularizer of live looping in his country and founder of the 1st INTERNATIONAL LOOP FESTIVAL ZURICH)
ANDREW OSTLER  (British electronic composer - popularizer of live looping in his country-founder of the CAMBRIDGE LIVE LOOPING FESTIVAL series)
MASSIMO LIVERANI (ITALIAN guitarist - popularizer of live looping in his country-founder of the 1st FIRENZE LIVE LOOPING FESTIVAL)
MICHAEL PETERS (German experimental artist/guitarist - popularizer of live looping in his country)
LEANDER REININGHAUS (German Guitarist - popularizer of live looping in his country-founder of the BERLIN LIVE LOOPING FESTIVAL series)
MICHAEL KLOBUCHAR (American guitarist and founder of the Chain Tape Collective which was influential to the community
                   from the early days of Loopers Delight until the present)
HANS LINDAUER (American electronic music/bassist- who started the influential LOOPSTOCKHAUSEN festivals)
RAINER STRASCHILL (German guitarist - popularizer of the KKYBERJAM live looping movement)
KRISPEN HARTUNG (American avant garde guitarist - popularizer of the live looping and founder of the BOISE EXPERIMENTAL
MUSIC FESTIVAL)
and all the loopers who produced small one off live looping festivals in their respective countries:

Okay, my mind hurts and I know I've missed lots of people (please don't take offense if I"ve made glaring errors, I really do appreciate you.

WHO ELSE? FAMOUS and also in our LOOPERS DELIGHT community?

okay, I know I"m missing people but I wondered if everyone would pitch in and give credit where credit is due