RE: The Eye is as Quick as The Hand

from all of the people that came
> up to me,none of them comented,asked how i was doing
> what i was doing or seemed interested on the
> equipment,instead they raved on the good ol songs i
> was doing and how cool the cajon sounded...;-)

I find this really interesting as I find myself having to push the other way...to have my looped music seen in the context of "just another lineup / another musicians intepretation of songs" rather then "special effects and gimmicks".
I also find the opposite in terms of after-show interaction with punters.I would say after every gig I have at least two people come stand on stage while im packing up and either just oggle my gear out and out or give a hand shake and "good gig" shpiel whilst gluing their eyes to the reverse of my effects board.

I don't really mind either way... I was exactly the same with Jez Reily who was the first person I saw looping... I just had to find a reason to talk to him long enough to memorise the nu,bers and shapes of his effects so I could try and do the same.

Phill MyOneManBand

Get 5GB of online storage for free! Get it Now!