live looping lap steel

Bill Walker wrote:
"Saturday night I played at the second annual
Lapstravaganza show at the Kuumbwa jazz center here in Santa Cruz.  In what
was otherwise a fairly traditional night with various steel players being
backed up my a house band and running through country classics, I was the
lone looper, and the only one doing primarily improvise music....."

My brother is the last one in the world to toot his own horn in an
egotistical way,
so I have to go on record and say that I was at that gig,  sitting in the
back,
and it was a really amazing show that he put on.  The crowd response was
really great.

I, too, wondered whether in this very traditional sold out house (lots of
cowboy hats
and a plethora of Fender Telecasters on stage) Bill's innovative and tech
heavy
approach would work or not.

As well as just digging the hell out of what Bill was playing,  i looked
around in the dark
at the people in the audience and they were just rapt with attention.

It was very , very cool and Bill had a great and, I think, influential gig.
It's one thing to play to other looping festivals but quite another to play
to the unconverted.

Nice work.........innovative and strong.
And I don't even care if anyone considers me nepotistic for saying it!
lol