OT Miles Davis BITCHES BREW

    Good point about In a Silent Way as a seminal fusion recording. I think it's true harmonicly. I've always thought that Jimi Hendrix's first 2 albumes were what started Fusion. After all it's the fusion of Jazz and Rock,and Hendrix is the one that expanded rock's pallet into areas the jazzers hadn't gone ,the rest of it was extremely simplistic . Besides the fact that rock's populairty was taking the jazzers incomes away,this was an actual artistic challenge.  I tend to think this is reallly obvious ,but of course obvious depends on what's visible from where one stands.
 Gil Evans the  "lone arranger' of Miles' Sketches of Spain was scheduled to work with Hendrix around the time of his death. Since Jimi couldn't make it ,Evans did a recording of his  tunes. Gil EVans Orchestra Plays the Music if Jimi Hendrix " Wildest big band ever,as outside as anything the Art Ensemble did,but w/ 20 players

Spell a grand slam in this game where word skill meets World Series. Get in the game.