Re: sound to picture metamorphosis

Fabio wrote:

> I'm really interested in this too.
> There are a bunch of software out there that make that job (search for
> "audiovisualizers" on google), but nothing that fit my needs.

There is a wonderful program for Mac OS X  called Meta Synth
and another freeware program for WIN XP or VISTA called Coagula
(designed by the wonderful inventor of Granulab............a very hip ,
standalone
granular synthesis program that our own Michael Peters has used
very effectively in some of his music)

You can get it both for free  from
http://hem.passagen.se/rasmuse/Granny.htm

> Recently i've discovered that MAX is a great tool for transforming sounds
> in immages, but i've not tested it yet.

Yes,  Fabio,   also,  JITTER (also by Cycling 74 who bring you Max/MSP
which just released the brand new 5.0 version this past week)  does
wonderful real time video manipulations.

Additionally,  there are sound programs that allow one to open visual
imagery
as raw data files, in them.  I believe Adobe Audition (formerly Cool Edit
Pro)
allows for this.   A little research on the web should yield these things
of, better yet,   why don't you make a post at my
AudioPluginJunkiesAnnonymous tribe at www.tribe.net.

I think,  (and please correct me if I'm wrong) but we may be the 2nd
largest
online group  for
freeware plugins on the web outside of the vastly larger KVR.com

the cool thing is that with several hundered audio plugin junkies in the
tribe..............one needs to merely
ask a question about a particular style of plugin and experts and junkies
from all over the world
will respond with ways to find these things (and frequently in either
freeware or inexpensive shareware
versions).

Something like Granulab, as an instance,  is a freeware program but if you
pay $25  you get a much more sophisticated
version of the program that is a mind boggling steal of a deal for such a
low price.

good luck........................see you very soon in Koln and Berlin ,
my
dear friend!

yours, Rick