Re: Looping philosophy

Thanks to my work, I can tell you that this thesis was published as part of an M.Mus. in 1997 by the Univ. of South Florida.

It's not listed with the usual disseration providers (ProQuest & UMI), though, as not all universities submit Master's thesis to these outfits.

Unfortunately, there's no easy copy available; if you've got an access to a university Inter-Library Loan dept., you might be able to loan a copy.

Ted H.

Byron Howell <howell.byron@gmail.com> wrote:
I found a very old thread in the archives and someone posted who was
exploring music perceptions and was possibly doing a PHD asking the
question "Why do we loop"

His masters thesis was entitled "A Connection Between
Schenkerian Analysis and Godel's Theorem: The Urlinie as Formally
Undecidable." I am fascinated by musical perception, and this notion of
'why we Loop" is no less intriguing.

Ive had a look around and cant find the thesis and the email address is outdated

anyone know where I might find a copy of the thesis (I'm hoping
perhaps the author is still a list member)

Any other research anyone knows about along these lines would be most helpfull?

Byron

"Indeed, naturally I think that a film should have a beginning, middle, and an end — but not necessarily in that order." Jean Luc Goddard