Re: amplifying a national steel dobro guitar

I've got a couple of resos, and only recently started amplifying them. However, I'm chasing a much more electric sound -- more John Campbell than Keb Mo. I got a Lace Sensor from Stewart Macdonald, which attaches with adhesive. It's hard wired to a jack, which can be tucked through the strap or mounted in the endpin. I am going to do so, as well as add tone & volume knobs -- obviously, a wood, not metal, guitar.

One really nice thing about the reso is that it's loud enough to compete with a very small amp. I've got a fantastic sounding (really!) Lovepedal 2w plexi that runs on a 9v. I can slap a DL4 between the two and be completely mobile -- and by setting the mix appropriately, I can have the amp only play the recorded loops, and no direct signal, so I've got two very different, but complementary, timbres to work with. I use a Boomerang with the guitar & amp a lot, as well. I want a Lo Fi Loop Junky!

Incidentally, Richard, that stainless steel guitar -- I'm considering what organs I can live without. That's incredible. Have you played it?

--
Zak Kramer
Crazyquilt Arts & Music