Re: FAVORITE LIVE LOOPERS: a new list

Uh, did I say that??? I thought my post was more about
the futility of categorizing players based on the
equipment they use (or own) than by HOW they use it.

I'm not specifically picking on the DL4 (I have and
use a DL4 and its big brother the EchoPro); I just
used it to illustrate my point since it's so
ubiquitous. Players in any of the three very different
categories I gave as examples could very well use a
DL4. For some of them, looping would be an integral
part of their music. For others it might be a very
small part of it.

I remember about a decade ago we had a similar
discussion about whether or not Eberhard Weber was a
'proper' looper because although he was an early EDP
user, it was felt by some listmembers that he didn't
really use (or CHOOSE to use) it as more than a (very
nice) delay. That's not a value judgement about the
quality of his music. I don't think there are very
many people on this list who would say "Music is only
enjoyable if it features looping."

And before anyone jumps on me for implying that using
long delays isn't 'proper' looping, that's not what I
said either. Sheeesh.

-t-

--- Matt Stevens <mattstevensguitar@btinternet.com>