Re: OT: Mackie SRM150 / tiny PA

hey Rick, thanks for sparing the kroner from afar, good to hear your
full and informed review. "Underwhelmed" is a strong phrase...I'm
hearing enough dissenting opinions here and elsewhere that I'm not
convinced I'd be happy with them for this purpose.

The RCF's are getting great reviews everywhere it seems. I'm seeing them
for $450-550 which is more than I wanted to spend, but more than that
they're not something I can really regularly fly with, small as they
are. I have to weigh a bit more exactly what I want to do and can spend,
but at this point I'm thinking about getting several passive 10"
monitors, leaving one in each of my safe houses on each coast, and
traveling with a small power amp. I have plenty of choices for passive
monitors, but it's been hard finding a power amp that's NOT rack size.
There's this one (http://www.stewartaudio.com/pa_series.php) but it's a
fair amount of cash for the low wattage.

(Why can't everywhere that regularly hosts live music invest a few
hundred bucks in a PA appropriate to their needs? /gripe..)

Much appreciated. Hope you slew the Norse tonight! (so to speak)

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com