Re: Is using Pre-Recorded Loops Cheating?

I use percussion loops and other rhythmic stuff all the time. I see
nothing wrong with that at all. Ever see a really good DJ in a club?
Same thing. Thanks to technology, the lines between DJ and musician
are so blurry these days that the audience rarely knows what's going
on. Of course genre is everything. If I saw a blues band use them, I
would probably leave the bar, but with electronic, dance or ambient
music, it seems appropriate, if not necessary.