Re: OT: Mackie SRM150 / tiny PA

Awesome...I was just looking at the Stagepas system. Glad to hear it
sounds good, I love the fact that it has the detachable mixer. It'd be
perfect for me to carry that around, but leave the speakers in different
locations. I thought it was higher wattage, though, with two 150-watt
amps as opposed to the MSR's which are 100-watt? How heavy is the mixer,
would you say?

On the Yamaha site, looks like they're introducing two single-speaker
versions with detachable mixers, though they don't seem to be available
in the States yet.

This definitely looks more substantial than those Fender combos (or the
wedge I mentioned). Those taffy-colored graphics are just bizarre. It
looks like it's ready to dispense frozen daiquiris.

thanks a lot, Jeff, this is very helpful. feel free to respond offline
(if you get the chance), just wanted to give my public gratitude.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com