Re: is using pre-recorded loops Cheating

Buzap Buzap schrieb:
> I'd feel like betraying the audience if I don't hear more or less the
> same thing they do. It has to be a MUTUAL experience for me + the
> audience.

Yes, that's probably the only no-go for me as well. To hear something
the audience isn't supposed to hear as well...
But where is the line? A visual metronome which doesn't sound isn't much
different than a click in terms of information...
But i'd never want to play to a fixed rythm anyway...

DJ's need to prelisten to get a good result. That isn't supposed to be
heard by the audience and seems adequate...

I think for any no-go, you'll find a valid example to make musical sense
and then just go for it...

Even for a no-go for no-gos...

Stefan

--