Re: OT: Guitar Synth

At 12:37 PM +0200 5/21/08, Stefan Tiedje wrote:

>Having a Gk2 would be a plus, you could define triggers for
>different strings independently...

If I'm following your methodology correctly, Stefan, I think you'd
need a couple more pieces of gear along with the GK in order to do
that.  First, you'd need a Fanout box to break out the audio signal
of each string into it's own discrete path.  Although the Roland
boxes naturally do that process internally, they will only do it
internally. :P

Richard McLish (RMC) manufactures such a Fanout, but you'd need to
budget a few hundred more dollars there.

Then you'd need an audio interface with six inputs in order to
digitize those separate audio signals from each string into the
computer.  Add another $200-300 there.

I think you probably just skipped over these two hardware widgets as
details, but they should at least be mentioned for consideration,
IMNSHO.  And, on a more self-serving note, if you're thinking of an
entirely different method of doing this in Max/MSP, I'd love to learn
it.  ;)

        --m.
--
_____
"Image is blasphemy. Text is heresy. The spoken word is a lie."