fate of the EDP (was: Slightly OT--Splice 'em up FX Pedal (other than Echoplex)?

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Dave Gallaher <micdave@hiwaay.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know what the fate of the EDP is?  It has been blown out on
> sales at several online retailers lately and is no longer listed as a
> stocked product.  One retailer labeled it 'discontinued.'  Is it no
>longer
> being manufactured?  Are they coming out with an upgrade product?

No official announcement on "the fate of the EDP" as far as I can
recall. The EDP is built out of electronic components that are not
fully available today, so chances for a re-release seem pretty small.

However, you might remember that Matthias Grob said on this list that
he is working on a software version of his brainchild, the EDP looper.
I take that as a good sign, since this will be the first original
virtual EDP that uses the original EDP code. The existing looper
software, that copies and tries to emulate the EDP functionality, all
had to come up with new code for this. Although this means not totally
capturing the EDP feel, it has in some cases taken off into new
exciting directions - for example the scripting option of Mobius'.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)