Re: quick edp question

  From my understanding / use of loop windowing, it happens when you redefine a loop's length, whether that be with a sus function or not, and then undo from there.  The undone loop will have the new loop length, but step through the Echoplex's memory of the loop's history with it's previous length(s).

  As the new length is used though, (being that it is different than the loop's original length before the undo) some of the loops you'll get will consist of parts of previous loops, and depending on the new loop length, you may hear two or more generations of a loop at once, or a smaller part of a single generation.  Does that make sense?…
  For example, if you have a vocal loop with the numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4, and you were to sus multiply it to a loop which only had 2 and 3 announced in it, and then did an undo, you might end up with a loop containing something like:

1 2
and then 4 1
and then 3 4…  -and so on as you kept windowing through loops…

  The loop containing the '4 1' would play the '4' from the previous generation of the audio in the '1 2 3 4' loop along with the '1' from the newest generation you'd just multiplied and undone.

  The '3 4' loop would play only the audio from the previous generation of the original loop.

  Apologies if this isn't the most sensible descript!  lol!

  So loop windowing is possible whether you use a sus multiply or not.

I use a midi controller, but have done this without one, however it's been a while since I've done it, so please, if my info is off, I hope someone who uses the plex this way will chime in.  :)

  anyway, HTH and have an awesome day!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)