Subject:,More on Repeater and San Disc Ultra II CFCs

 >> Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:

 >> I think we ascertained that 512 MB cards don't work with the
Repeater a long, long time ago. I, at least, have known that for a long
time and I'm pretty sure I read it at Loopers Delight intitially.

I use a Pretec 512MB CompactFlash with my Repeater.  I have definitely
recorded to stereo tracks without any problem.  I can't say I've
actually tried to make it fail, but in my experience it is very stable
in my unit.  I did see a 'CFC-slow' message once, but it never reappeared.

I would grab one at from the US-based source David Durian refers to in
his post:

http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200807/msg00412.html

His source says that as of yesterday (7/21/08) there were several 512MB
Pretec CF cards with the Hitachi SA05 controller in stock. I paid
considerable more for mine...

http://www.timatech.com/products.php?pd_pn=CFH512-CP

--

Dan Ash
White Plains, NY

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.