Re: multiband compression - vst

Hi Erdem,

Why looking for something "similar to Waves" when you can get the
Waves? I've used the Waves mastering suite and think it is excellent.
Expensive licensing these days, though... maybe that's your catch?
Anyway, if speaking mastering I've heard from studio colleges I trust
that the Ozone from Izotope is one of the best.
http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/ozone/. There is also a Spanish
mastering suite that I can't remember the name of, but a singer,
composer and producer that does chart targeting pop sent me some files
and took my mixes to master with that Spanish software and it sounded
very good - for pop radio mix that is (a bit squashed an loud as hell,
not my usual personal taste for the music I make). But the "squashed
out" effect might be just his settings. Myself I do all my mastering
in Logic, but usually without multi band compression since I rather
work the source sound on the tracks to be mixed. But it's not always
you may have control over the productional process, as getting
everything separated on uniques channels, and then a multi band
compressor is the way to go.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen