Completely OT: Travel Frequency (was Re: In praise of the FCB1010)

At 2:10 AM +0200 8/3/08, mark francombe wrote:
>2-3 times a quarter??????? Did you say ONLY????

Well, IIRC, Kris works for a company that's a major player in the
Tech Industry.  So I think he's probably fairly lucky that he only
travels that much.  When I worked in that same sector, it was fairly
standard to hop a plane 2-3 times a *week*.  I was fortunate in that
I was management, and they normally wanted me to stay fairly
stationary (hard to hit a moving target, and all that).

Granted, most of these excursions were day-trips (Chi to Cinci and
back on Monday, round-trip to Minneapolis for Tuesday, and KCMO on
Thursday after that, for instance).  But many of the guys who worked
for me would routinely be in a different city every day of the week.
Heck, one of my employees even got a special award from Northwest
Airlines a while back for being one of their top three flyers for
that calendar year.

Been a couple years since I chucked that lifestyle, though.  I wonder
if any significant changes have occurred due to increasing travel
costs....

        --m.
--
_____
"we're no longer sure where home is; homesickness is our only guide"