Re: looping video posted: "Two fretless guitars and drum kit ensemble improv" (was; old rig v.s new rig)

really nice. also discovered the other videos as well.
rick's fantastic... have you noticed how he listens to the complete mass of loopage and adapts his timing accordingly?  ... besides he's glowing futuristic atrezzo which is so famous among LD community.  ;-)

2008/8/7 Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com>
> Thanks Boysen - Sewell and Hartung for your answers.
>
> Hartung - I looked at your videos - their nice - but regarding my
>
> questions - I would have needed to see your interaction with instrument
>
> and your controllers. The video only shows your fingers. But thanks anyway.
>
> best regards Rune Fagereng

HI,

I just uploaded a video that shows quite a lot of the interaction you mentioned:

http://www.myspace.com/perboysen - the first video in the blog
section, titled "Ensemble improv: Two fretless guitars and drum kit
ensemble improv: Two fretless guitars and drum kit".

This particular concert was a funny one because not only did we play
some parts in total darkness, to let Rick Walker's plastic instruments
and futuristic haircut glow, but we also ran into a total breakdown of
Rick's looping gear three minutes into the concert. When that happened
we left the manuscript we had prepared in advance and started playing
totally freely - Rick also totally acoustically, which he did very
well IMO.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen