RE: mini review: BOSS SL-20 SLICER-LOOPER pedal

The nice thing about pedals vs. plug-ins is the (lack of) latency. I spent
a lot of time over the weekend working with live, and with no plug-ins,
the latency was barely tolerable (maybe 23ms?). Adding compression in-line
made it unusable, IMO.

For the types of things the slicer does, I'm more interested in the
MoogerFooger MURF 105. It doesn't do all the things the slicer does (and
vice versa), but it seems likely you can get a more "personal" sound out
of the MURF due to it's programmability. Or should I say adjustibility,
since it doesn't save anything except for the current settings.

But I haven't used either pedal. Is the MURF already played out?

-George