repeater, edp, 2880 midi control question

So, I recently bit the bullet and added a repeater to my mix of loopers.  Currently I'm using an EDP and a 2880.  The repeater may replace the 2880 at some point, but right now I'm using all 3.

My question is:  I need to get a midi foot controller for the repeater.  I'm also thinking that it would be nice if I could control the 2880 and the edp with the same controller.

Is this possible?

I've always found midi intimidating and I've resisted implementing it (other than simple clock sync) to this point.

Any recomendations on controllers?

I've been looking at the roland fc-200 and fc-300  would these be suitable?

Answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave