Re: getting clean live loops - technique

Hi JZ

welcome to LD :-)

When I first started looping, I had the problem that I hit the pedal
slightly too late. So, practicing definetely helps (assuming there are no
latency issues involved).

Sometimes I have a rhythmic pattern that starts i.e. on "4", where I do
this: Press the pedal for recording the loop on "1", skip the initial
music however (i.e. start on 2/3) and add the beginning part (i.e.
starting from 4) later to the loop using Overdub (either automatically or
manually).

If you want to start on anything other than 1, then you should be careful
working with multiple loops. Instead of stopping a loop, you might want to
simply mute them. Otherwise, when you retrigger a loop, it might start at
some odd point.

best regards and have fun looping! :-)

Buzap

--
Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03