Re: VG-99 Yes it can

Hi, Mech

Yeah, sucking IS a problem; I know it well.

But I've been thinking lately (after hearing all of Bill R's amazing
patch demos once again) that maybe what distinguishes MY VG
programming, its STRENGTH, if you will, has probably always been that
I use my VGs as tools for getting around that fact that I suck, while
Bill's clearly coming at it as an actually useful PLAYER, somebody who
knows how to play what he hears, and what other folks want to hear,
and thinks of sounds as being components in competent, real-world-
approved mixes; very different from my efforts to find a sound that I
can stand listening to myself suck while playing, all alone with my
loop clones and my mangling devices, and with no danger of anyone
asking to hear what I'm doing in there with all that gear, or asking
me to do anything specific with them.... Nice to see that there's
probably a place for BOTH approaches!

Plus, I take full advantage of the fact that anything I DO record and
dare to "present," I can always fall back on describing as just a
patch or gear demo, you know, nothing more ambitious, certainly NOT an
audition, or anything; it's comforting:)

So, head over to the vgforums and post us a patch or two, and send
along a little mp3! It's all interesting...

And thanks again for your posts; enjoying the glimpses of your world.
dc