RE: Mobius & Live...why

I'm trying to decide if I should shell out $$ for the full version of Live (i.e. purchase yet another DAW), or if the LE version would be suitable (it's $200 less) for use as a looping host, and I would continue to use Sonar/Protools for traditional audio production.
That's the approach I took. I started looking for a host specifically for Mobius.  I downloaded the Reaper DAW and its super cheep license fee (now $50) was definitely a factor.  It works great and the routing is very intuitive (unlike Sonar).  An interesting wrinkle, though - I find myself using Reaper for most of my recording, since it allows me to easily capture the real-time output of Mobius as well as serving as host for my plug-ins and soft synths. It's a free download - so you pay the licensing fee only if you decide to use it...

I was unable to get my arms around the Ableton Live! paradigm.  Granted, that was after spending only a few hours with the demo.  It wouldn't let me save a setup configuration so I got frustrated and gave up.

I'm still running Sonar 5 PE and it's great but there are some plugs that won't operate in another host (eg V-Vocal). So I fire that up to do vocal pitch correction or other post-production.

Dan Ash
White Plains, NY

RE: Mobius & Live...why