Re: New loopy CD out now: Philipp Zurcher|73-D

Hi group

This is in response to Daryl Shawns message:

>> Listen to an .mp3 part of the CD in the online Shop:
>>
>> _http://www.mem.li/CD-73-D_e.html_
>

> hi Philipp, I really enjoyed the tune on the site, excellent work!
> I love both the thematic development and the range of sounds.

Thank you for your kind words. Both the composition/programming/
performance and its recording/rearrangement/editing have taken quite
a lot of working time and have kept me busy for the past two years.

> Make sure to get this released this electronically as well.

I am sure the digital distribution business is fully up and about in
the pop/rock and some of the jazz business. Not sure about the
"classical" part of it, where I would place this particular piece of
music.

How much would you actually be willing to pay for half an hour of
music in mp3 format? Is that worth twenty times a three minute pop
song, sold by iTunes for 99cents, or more, or less?
You can download an Mahler symphony for as little as six dollars now.
But that poor/lucky guy doesn't have to make a living of it any more.

The iTunes discussion is quite interesting because it makes you think
about values again.

Now what I am actually trying to sell are musical products (because
you can't sell "music" on its own): Shows, CDs including some printed
information about the work (text, graphics...), and tutorial.

That's what I am making a living of. - Now if I sell "just" the music
on iTunes, it's basically their product including my music and you
might be able to imagine how much of a living I am still making of
their sales.

Besides: I would like to sell you my work in an approriate quality.
CD quality is just good enough for your ears. So you are welcome to
download an aif or wav file from my server if I care to upload it and
your DSL server doesn't charge you by the minute (but how much would
you be willing to pay for that, and you still won't get that real
nice booklet printed on best swiss quality paper including a lot of
interesting information about the composition and some reeeally nice
graphics by HinderSchlatterFeuz).

Most people nowadays have a CD or even a DVD in their computer system
and the software to convert it to whatever data type they prefer to
carry around in their pods.

Luckily, that's probably why CDs are not yet as dead as people have
been foretelling for the last couple of years.

But then again, this might as well be the last CD I am bothering with.

Anyway

Thank you for you sweetly faked attention

Phil