OT Re: list reply-to weirdness involving yahoo mail (and other providers)

Tim Nelson wrote:
> Sorry about the OT-ishness, but I'm wondering if any other listmembers
>using Yahoo mail addresses have had/resolved this situation:
>
> I just got an email from Matthias informing me that my 'reply-to'
>setting points back to my address rather than to the list. Upon
>investigation, he's right; it sure does.
>
> But my posts USED to go back to the list, and I haven't changed any
>settings.
>
> Investigating further, it seems my posts before June have the correct
>'reply-to', while those since July don't. I know Yahoo has made some
>changes ('new' mail vs. 'classic'), but again, I haven't changed any
>settings, and looking through many pages of Yahoo Mail FAQs I've found no
>way to fix it.
>
> Has this happened to anyone else?

Don't worry, it happened to a whole load of us,
(probably still is).

Oh, :-( and you still have the problem,
I had to edit the <To> address to get this to go to LD.

Not just with Yahoo.
It seems a this is now "accepted" default behaviour for email clients.

andy's FAQ
1
Q How do I know if it affects me?
A Hit "Reply To" for one of your own posts when it comes back from LD, and
check that the <To> address is LD, if it's not then you're "infected"

2
Q I'm on the Digest, how do I tell?
A You can't tell from the post, you'll have to just look in your email
account.

3
Q How do I fix?
A Open up your email software, and check the details for the account that
you use for LD. There's an option to enter a <Reply-To> address, which has
been automatically (and pointlessly) filled with your own address. Just
erase your address from the <Reply-To>, and leave it blank.

4
Q That's too hard, what do I do?
A Every time you send an email to LD, look at the header info above where
you are typing. You'll see the <To:> is going to LD, which is good. If the
<To:> is the address of a poster that you're replying to, then change it
to the LD address Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com.
You'll also see your own address in the <Reply-To:>, ..erase it.

4
Q I notice this problem with someone else on LD, what can I do to help?
A Send this FAQ to their person mail address.

andy butler