Re: Looping upright bass?

If I ever would have the nerve to dive into the world of looping, I think it would be with double bass...
( I recently ordered a Fishman Pro-EQ Platinum too, just based on some reviews, no experience with it )
The only double bass looper I saw live, was this belgian guy : http://www.chrismentens.be/
Not sure but I think he used a mic  (he did only 1 short tune solo looping). And I definitely noticed then how disturbing noisy footswitches can be....  ;-)
Even very noticeable on his CD recording - listen to the "Bass Intro" fragment on his website -> discography -> Drivin'

Anyway, this still keeps the LD double-bass looper count on two!

Travis Hartnett wrote:
d1396fc00810151207v572dec07je7d4f160f9bb3cc1@mail.gmail.com" type="cite">
Well, since Eberhard's not on LD, sounds like there's still only two looping double-bassists on the list.

TH