Re: OT: new Macbook wíthOUT Firewire :(

A fellow musician colleague of mine mentioned that he has a 19.95 USD cable which will allow him to run all his firewire 400 stuff off an 800 bus.  Might be worth a start in your research. Much better than waiting for the more expensive Audio Driver folks to come out with their FW 800 units.

Bests,

Todd

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 7:36 AM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
Yeah, that's probably not a bad idea, esp. if processor is almost same.

> I would not buy anything new that is marketed by "New design. New features.
> New technologies. All engineered to standards that don't even exist yet." (quoting Apple)
Haha:) I'd never buy any first revision hardware, anyway. I'd wait at least for second revision.

> I suggest you get a Windows XP license and use Apple's BootCamp to run
> it on the Mac!

If I'd want to run WinXP - I wouldn't be complaining about the missing FW and simply get a Lenovo.
I'm just overall very happy with the Mac OSX and would like to stick to the platform.  I'd like to stick to one platform only - that would be Mac for me.

> My experience so far is that for live processing of a live audio input Windows works better

Interesting. I'll have to see how things work out.

best regards
Buzap

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx

--
In New York from the 2nd to 14th of October,
Then on to California with Meredith Monk.

http://blog.toddreynolds.com
http://myspace.com/toddreynoldsmusic