OT: software for realtime MIDI processing (context-sensitive transforms)

Hi everyone,

I got this question regarding some solution for realtime MIDI processing
(context-sensitive transforms) on a computer system.

The application: I got this MIDI drum pad (Roland Octapad II) to which I
can
connect a foot pedal which sends a hold controller signal. My computers run
WinXP and I'd like to work with soft sampler standalone or in host
platforms
(e.g. Live or Cubase). Now I'd like to use that for a faux hihat pedal.
Furthermore, I'd like to make use of left and right hand samples in my
library. Specifically, I'd like to do the following transforms:
        * If the pedal is depressed, the note number coming from one
specific trigger pad should be shifted to another note number
        * hits on the snares and toms should alternatingly trigger the left
and right hand samples

In Cubase, I was able to do the first thing using the logical input
transformer, but not for the second one.

Is there any (best free, but necessarily small) software solution which
allows me to do that in real time? Can e.g. MIDI OX do that?

Thanks,

        Rainer