Re: Looping upright bass?

I did my first tests recording a bunch loops and the signal to noise
ratio is still awlful even with a fishman preamp. If I set it to a
level where the noise is not an issue the level of my recorded loops
is much lower then the level of my bass playing. If I turn up the
preamp to match level then the noise is pretty bad.

I was curious as to anybody elses setup that is using a piezo pickup
on an acoustic instrument that is successful looping live. I'm going
to go back to practicing my looping with a mic and headphones because
I can't seem to work out using a pickup and getting a clean signal
into my computer. Could possibly be a problem with my audio
interface... heres my signal flow so far

D. Bass-Realist pickup-Fishman Pro EQ Platinum Pickup-Motu ultralite-Mac
Mini

Seems like so much gear and money when I type it out its a shame its
sounds like poo:)

The realist does sound great through my bass amp (pizz and arco) so
maybe hardware might be the answer for me to make more music than
troubleshoot.

Todd