Y2K8 First Reports

Nancy LeVAn,  Bill Walker's (my brother's) wife turned to me tonight
and said,  "Is it just me or is something incredible happening tonight".

The Saturday day and night concerts were just incredible tonight!
They were, to my appreciation,  the best concerts in the history of the
festival.

I'm just ridiculously burnt out,  typing here at 4 a.m. in the morning
after
a day that didn't stop from 10 in the morning when I awoke until
1 a.m. when I finally left the venue (as the last person in).

I'm even too tired to expound on each performer but
Kevin Spears aka Kalimba Man,   Ryusei Attritions,
Isaac Frankle (aka Shovelman and a newbie),  Amar Chaudry,
Matt Davignon. Barry Cleveland, James Bailey,  newbies,
Jack Schultz and Bill Putnam (the latter who also had a technology
premier with Max/MSP patches he designed to control the Looperlative(
all had really strong shows.

For me,  standouts were Margaret Noble and my brother, Bill.
I've seen Bill play so many times and tonight was one of the very best
times I've ever seen him play.

I had a blast myself and attempted an Orange Plastic only performance
that was aided by my lucky ability to completely make the venue go
completely black so that my black lights,   the glow of the instruments,
the glow of my orange hair and Oslo real time video animator, Peter
Knusdens'
were the only sourced of light.   It was magical..............definitely
a digital
'campfire'.

Okay,   to bed, to bed.   There are 9loopers snoring at Bill's and my place
as well as our wonderful and supportive artistic singer/songwriter wives.

It's a wonderful feeling...........................12 more hours tomorrow.

G'night!

Rick Walker