From: tyler newman <tyler@batterycage.com>
Subject: re: in-ear monitors
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Date: Monday, October 20, 2008, 2:20 PM

hi-

> I know this has been gone over before, but I'm looking very some
> high quality IEMs. I plan on simply using the headphone out on my
> Motu. But I'm particularly interested in some very good sounding
> phones that are either custom fit via an Audiologist, or an of the
> shelf set that stay in, even while singing. I'm willing to spend a
> little cash.

i have a pair of custom fitted in-ears, which i got from a company
called "Precision Audio Labs" in Florida. It's a bit DIY, since
you'll
need a friend to help you with the mold...basically they squeeze a
syringe filled with silicone into your ears. then you ship the molds
to the lab and they send you back the final product.

i have the original Challenger series, which i've used on several US
tours, and they've always been great. after one tour, i had one of the
molds split open, but they repaired it for free, and no problems
since. i wouldn't hesitate to recommend these folks, they've been
really great.

website: http://www.precisionweb.com/

PS, i currently have these paired with a Nady PEM800, which seems to
work reasonably well, given that it's a Nady product. no complaints so
far.

- tyler / battery cage
- www.batterycage.com