From: electricvehicles@mac.com
To: rodinaerodynamics@gmail.com
Subject: Math Prof Uncovers Secret Chord
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:04:09 -1000

Math Prof Uncovers Secret ChordComments:57

Posted by samzenpus on Thursday October 30, @02:09PM
from the with-a-little-help-from-my-mathematician dept.
chebucto writes 'The opening chord to A Hard Day's Night is famous because for 40 years, no one quite knew exactly what chord Harrison was playing. Musicians, scholars and amateur guitar players alike had all come up with their own theories, but it took a Dalhousie mathematician to figure out the exact formula. Dr. Brown used Fourier transforms to find the notes in the chord, and deduced that another George — George Martin, the Beatles producer — also played on the chord, adding a piano chord that included an F note impossible to play with the other notes on the guitar.'