Re: OT: MacBook buying advice?

Buzap Buzap schrieb:
> The thing is: I won't have enough time to spend with the machine
> until ca. March 09 - I'm in no hurry. So: do you think this is a "now
> or never" chance to get a decently priced Mac notebook with Firewire
> - or should I just wait for a good deal (or maybe going to US,
> getting a MBPro...) sometime later in 2009?

Just never buy for the future. You could still get it later used, in
case its no longer available, probably cheaper...
Also batteries for laptops age the same no matter if you use them or not...

There will be enough people selling the older gear for getting the new
stuff...

Whenever I bought more than I actually needed, I regretted it later,
either because my needs changed, or if I would have waited I would have
gotten more power for the same money or the same power for less money...

Just lokk around in March whats available new or used. No matter about
rumours of vanishing ports (firwire is important)...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------