Re: OT : Slow HD...

That "Disk too slow" error message in Logic usually doesn't mean a
disk IS too slow or even fragmented (see my other post for hints on
how to get rid of the annoying error mess). But as Olivier says you
can fragment a drive by recording long files. You can fix that with a
utility disk tool applications, but personally I think takes too long
time. My way is to keep two big external FireWire drives where I
record big files and keep my project folders. Now and then I format
one of them, just wiping everything and making the disk as newborn,
and then I copy all of the other drive's content to it. This is a very
quick process that fits better into a working day situation. Can be
done on the side as well by simply popping the FW drives into another
Mac.

Per