Re: Gordius foot controller user experiences

Dear Bill,

thanks for that detailed writeup on the Gordius. A few comments from my
side:

> I assume you are trying to start you loops with open mics present,
>Rainer?  In a live situation the noise is negligible.
> In the studio,  with sensitive mics present, you might get a little bit
>of mechanical noise  but I don't think it would be significant.
This may come as a surprise to you (and in fact to a lot of people on
this list), but my musical approach contains a) open mics about all
the time and more importantly b) passages which aren't compressed
drumbeat meets subbass attack meets distorted guitar all the way
through: I play a lot with very silent noises (opening your lips,
making that very silent "bpbbb" noise, breathing, playing quietly on a
trombone mouthpiece, gently pull back the slide etc.), and in such a
context (and taking into account that my mics are small-diaphragm
condensers, sometimes omnis), pedal noises can end up in a live
recording (although the audience at the venue might not hear it
consciously).

So something that would be noticeably louder than, say, a FCB1010
(which the Gordius is meant to replace) wouldn't be a good idea.

(one example for the quiet noises:
http://www.box.net/shared/l8rqu1pw8o - or ask your brother for
first-hand experience)

About the FCB1010, you said:
> [...] as well as slight transformer noise.

I noticed it, too, with the second FCB1010 I got (the first one was
and still is dead quiet). Got it replaced, still the same problem. The
issue: Behringer works like any company which manufactures in high
volumes does: they saved about €0.0007 on the washers for the mount of
the transformer. Solution: get some yourself (or, if you don't want to
leave the house, simply put some duct tape in between), and the noise
disappears.

Thanks again,

             Rainer