Re: ART Regular Output vs. Inspiration

Hey bro,
excellent topic Rick ma man!
Ive also found myself in the last few years getting involved more in other
peoples projects more than on my own.Why that is... i dont know perhaps
searching for those inspiring moments which,compared to the older days
they dont come as often.But i am also aware that ive joined different
musical journeys like looping for ex. and other styles of music since i
came to europe,and with bands and family there is also a lot more to deal
with now than just sitting by the fire smoking  having a beer and playing
guitar...
But one thing that ive found out definetly is that i become more
productive with deadlines because... u all know self discipline is also a
big challenge to us artists and musicians.I dont know, but it seems that
nowdays altough we have evrything available is jsut as hard as in the old
days because we have to take care of a lot more.So we have become
"multitask musicians".I remember when i was younger only caring about my
guitar,my 3 pedals(chorus,distortion,delay)and not even my amp that much(i
would settle with anything that would amplify my guitar;-) but i also
remember never having to worry about a fucking P.A. system!It seems to me
that a lot of the bars back them had somebody taking care of that
department,now most bars dont have them, and such responsability besides
traveling expenses should all be automatically included in your fee (and
dont you dare ask for too much).I also remeber not caring much about
recording or the quality of it... a small
 tascam multitrack would have me thrilled jumping for days ( mama look
thats me singing)but now musicians conversations are more about what
software is better,recording sample rates,virtual amp plugins,rocket
science etc. than about the wood quality of our instruments, meeting on
friday night to jam, buying some beers,rolling a good joint and creating
magic together...
I remember mostly when iwas learning to play my instrument that i just
wanted to be a descent guitar player,perhaps learn the essential rock
rhythms and licks required to support and be part of a good band.You know,
i am not a hippie and wasnt born in that time but  when i see all those
classic rock bands it seems the last thing they fuckin cared about is the
sound system,and although they had limited gear they did so much with
it.All i see in those old videos is them pouring passion as if it was
their last chance and full of adrenalin(or maybe coke?...)
Things have definetly change....it seems everybody is
there,independent,with all the latest skills and gear,computer software
skills ready to push the limits and be present in every website but it
seems to me that not as many are listening...

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom