Re: slicing audio

Thanks so much RP and Richard,

I'm trying to do the process quickly, but not necessarily on the fly.
I don't think I'll need to do it live, but I do need to do it fast, as
inspiration to me comes fast and fades fast if I don't grab hold of
the sounds in my mind. It sounds like using an external editor is what
I should do. Cost isn't a large issue for me, but speed and usability
are, so any recommendations? I will definitely try out Loop Editor as
well as Amadeus. I'm also going to take a look a recycle, even though
it hasn't been updated in quite a while, because I am a big fan of
propellerheads stuff.

Update: (not that I sent this before anyways) I just tried out amadeus
and it's fantastic. I chopped up the audio clip, saved it all to a
folder, and loaded it into ableton darn fast. I just may have to buy
this. The one thing that I wish it could do, however, is analyze a
sample or part of a sample in the way that recycle can (by looking at
the waveforms and setting markers at the beginning/end of each span of
time that seems like a discrete sound). I'd be very thankful to hear
of another program that could do that.

Thanks again for the Amadeus recommendation. As you put it, Amadeus
really is a comfortable program, and I was able to use it without
referencing help files both easily and quickly.