Re: Alternate Guitar Tunings (OT)

I always thought it would be really cool to have guitar tuned C C C C C C,   just for the sake of
overtone manipulation only.

Anyone have thoughts on this?    would I seriously screw up my strat to do that?

Ive done it on a bass, but with guitar strings... Are people really worried about what a tuning can do to the neck, to be honest Ive never thought about it... For me, the general rule has always been, if the string breaks, its too tight, if the action is bad, its too loose!!

 Ive never been one for "alternate tunings" per se, however... Ive tried (till my recent and probably stuck for ever use of a baritone) all sorts of "One man band" things for getting BASS into my setup. The most fun was during my band called god.com. Used a regular guitar (Ibanez) with the High E and B string removed and with the G and D replaced with short scale BASS strings... So... Add distortion pedal... with a regular bar chord, (slighly avoiding the G string) you get a 2 note chord and its bass equivilant... I experimented with weird pickups so that I could feed the bass strings off to a seperate cab (for an UN-distorted sound,) It worked VERY well!!!

to hear how it sounded: check out the tracks from God.com here: http://www.markfrancombe.com/empathree/archive.html

The guitar is one take no overdubs... music is horrible!!!  a kind of metal - noise - techno thing... YIKES!!! what was I thinking???

mark

PS: I got married yesterday guys... wish me luck!!

--
www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094