Re: One Guitarist, One Drummer

My duo, the Sandbox, is me on guitars and looping, and Steve Rubin on Handsonic. We haven't recorded in a while, but we have a whole cd's worth (free to listen to) at http://cdbaby.com/cd/sandbox.

I was first inspired into the percussion-and-guitar format by seeing Paul Dresher perform Slow Fire (an amazing show, catch it if you ever get a chance) with only a drummer (electronic) and his looping system for accompaniment. I like the format because then I am free to modulate or go pretty anywhere harmonically without worrying whether the bass player/piano player/horn player is in the same key.