From: Travis Hartnett <travishartnett@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 3:34:02 PM
Subject: Re: distortion, overdrive,fuzz,crunch,special sauce, secret goo

Yeah, but you probably also can't play your articulate clean ideas with much heavier strings and higher action than you're currently using--does that mean that your current instrument setup (whatever it might be) is generating an illusion of technique?  I don't think so.

Whatever tools make it easiest to produce your desired end result, by all means, use those, but the whole "make the young bucks play through a clean amp" thing doesn't make sense to me.  Is anyone surprised when that sort of playing doesn't sound great through the wrong amp settings?

TH