Re: distortion, overdrive,fuzz,crunch,special sauce, secret goo

Per Boysen wrote:
> For the second time today I have to chime in with Rainer ;-))  One

> I think this proves
> that "gear" is essential for "tone" also in sax playing.

sorry for not being clear,
in  UK English amongst classical musicians and brass/woodwind players
the word "tone" is specifically used to refer to that part of the
sound which is the responsibility of the player rather than the
instrument.
:-)
I hereby acknowledge that the physics of the instrument has effect
on it's sound, and have no desire to contest that point.

andy