Circuit Bending stuff (was Re: Devi Ever)

At 12:08 AM -0500 12/26/08, Jeff Duke wrote:
>I ran across this blog, looks very interesting!
>http://www.getlofi.com/ sI did a little circut bending back in the
>"day".

Suhweet!  Thanks for the pointer, Jeff!  Looks like lotsa good stuff there.

>Tip: Only circut bend things when they on on battery power! No ac Mech!!
>:)

Yeah, I'm lucky that power (100-120v) usually doesn't bother me too
much, although I won't be sticking a fork into an outlet anytime
soon.  I've gotten little jolts from those before and shrugged 'em
off.  240v though: I've gotten one good whack with that in my life
(from an appliance that was improperly grounded) and I *won't* be
repeating that experience.  Regardless, batteries are all good.

Haven't actually bent a whole lotta things myself (mostly just
destroyed a couple of portable keyboards) but I've got a couple of
functioning bent instruments I picked up second-hand.

For one, quite a while back I found a Glitchdesk (
http://glitchdesk.com/glitchdesk/bw/ ) with a pre-configured Roland
TR-626 and Casio SK-1.  The Casio is quite unstable (almost
unusable), which was a bit of a disappointment because that's the
primary reason I got the setup.  However, the Roland drum-machine
more than makes up for it.  I'd only pulled sounds like that out of
Reaktor previously.

And while I was away, I had a bent Boss PS-2 come in from Spunky
Toofers ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8JAxrVAcks ).  Haven't had
a chance to run it through it's paces yet, though.  Should be good.

        --m.
--
_____
"we're no longer sure where home is; homesickness is our only guide"