Re: Fwd: here and now / evolving loops

Hi,

This morning my Google Alert subscription turned up this old link for
me and it hit me that the video's music is a nice example of one of
the techniques discussed in this thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pODg0W3YHH8

Live Looping strategy:
In this tune the sax is played through an EDP set to "MooreLoops = 3".
The loops are initially empty but in my mind I envision them as three
particular chords (don't remember the key now, but if that was D minor
they should go as  Bb, C and D minor - yep, simple stuff). In the
beginning of the track I play melodies lines and punch in notes now
and then into the loops (using SUS Substitute in EDP Replace Mode with
"Secondary Feedback" somewhere around 70 percent). I make sure to
toggle a new loop before my melody improvisation reaches a note that I
want to add to this particular loops "chord". As the piece develops
these three loops are being filled up with  perculating chords and I
need to be more careful to jump around the loops in a manner that
makes musical sense regarding the "chords" they represent.

Recording strategy:
The recording strategy was to have the sax direct sound and the EDP
live looping output recorded on two different mono channels. The EDP
recording was then run through a software filterbank plug-in, the one
form OhmForce whatever-its-name-is, that combines dynamic filtering
triggered both from an envelope follower to the sax input and from
beat synced LFOs.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)